How to become a christian science nurse
To train as a Christian Science nurse one must:
- be a member of the First Church of Christ, Scientist, in Boston MA, USA, as outlined in the Manual bylaw
- have had Primary Class instruction in Christian healing
- be a serious student of the teachings of Christian Science
- be an active member of a branch Church where possible
Christian Science nurse training is available at Wayside house in British Columbia from a certified Le Verger instructor offering all levels of training to qualified applicants, and can be found at waysidehousevictoria.org. Additionally, Christian Science nursing training is offered at various Christian Science nursing facilities throughout the United States.
For Canadian provinces outside of BC there is also the option of one-on-one mentoring with a Journal-listed Christian Science nurse. For more information, please call 1-888-234-8160, or go to the Christian Science Journal directory for a listing of Christian Science nurses, facilities, and their locations.
Training Costs & assistance
If you are a Christian Science nurse considering training someone, funds may be available to assist you during the mentorship period. There are four Christian Science nursing organizations in Canada: Wayside House, Sharon House, Concord Lodge, and Vancouver Christian Science Nursing Service. All stand ready to assist with training costs, if needed. Other facilities and training schools may also offer payment for training to committed candidates living in the US.
You can apply online to Wayside House to see what funds they can assist you with: simply fill out the form here.
- Branch Churches may provide financial assistance for education costs
- The Albert Baker Fund (USA)